The Leasing Specialist is responsible for presenting and leasing a brand new community to prospective residents, leasing apartments, providing customer service, and participating in the marketing of the community. The Leasing Specialist works in conjunction with the property management team to achieve the lease up goals established for the property as well as the goals of Shea Properties.
The Leasing Specialist, as with all Shea team members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Participates in lineup every morning.
- Opens and inspects the models and the market “ready” vacants daily to ensure they are presentable in accordance to established standards. Ensures leasing center is open and ready for business on time each day. Maintains office presentation in a professional manner. Assists with closing and securing the office and models daily.
- Answers telephone and email leads by responding to leasing inquires.
- Responds to all Vaultware, pop card and internet leads on a daily basis.
- Writes and posts craigslist ads daily. (minimum of three)
- Must follow Yieldstar pricing procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Greets and presents property to prospective residents through personalized tours. Gathers information regarding needs, and qualification of prospective resident. Conducts follow-up with prospects.
- Leases apartments by actively marketing and promoting the new apartment community.
- Conducts off-site marketing to obtain new business.
- Responsible for accurately and timely Yardi input for all telephone, email and walk-in traffic. Also responsible for inputting rentals, cancellations, transfers, and lease renewals.
- Compiles welcome paperwork with lease, associated addendums and forms in compliance with policies and procedures. Establishes move-in appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents with new residents.
- In conjunction with the CM and/or the ACM, monitors the rental application process in accordance with policies and procedures and in compliance with Fair Housing guidelines.
- Prepares welcome packages with lease, associated addendums and forms in compliance with policies and procedures. Establishes move in appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents with new residents.
- Upon move-in, completes a thorough walk through of apartment and community amenities.
- Gathers competitive market information weekly/monthly through telephone calls, internet research and site visits.
- Prepares routine reports (monthly market survey) and shares information with on-site management team. Shops the competition to compare sales technique, strategy and merchandising.
- Ensures close out procedures in Yardi are completed at the end of each leasing week (Sunday night close).
- Champions their individual Leasing Fundamentals process.
- Champions the corporate rental program keeping the CM updated on percentage leased.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate and current priority wait list and assures all prospects are kept in constant communication with leasing availability.
- Provides customer service to current residents.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle resident complaints and direct them to the CM when appropriate.
- Performs necessary resident retention activity including contacting current residents to discuss lease renewals and prepares renewal leases for resident signature.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
- Works in conjunction with the CM/ACM for leasing goal setting to achieve monthly absorption goals.
- Assists in completing the weekly absorption reports.
- Time management and organization skills.
The Leasing Specialist works on-site at a new apartment community and interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies depending on the property. Hours are usually scheduled from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The position is required to work weekend days (Sat/Sun). However, the Leasing Specialist should be flexible with availability depending on the needs of the property. Must be able to travel, as needed, 10-25% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and personal computer. May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Click Here to apply for this position.